Shikoto developed the Rurousha with the serious swordsman in mind. Master smiths painstakingly hand forge every blade, and seasoned sword artisans carefully handcraft each tsuka and saya. From vigorously hammering the molten blade steel to gingerly wrapping the leather thongs around the tuska and saya, every step in the Rurousha’s construction receives the utmost care and precise attention to detail. Some of the world’s – and history’s – most revered, time-tested techniques are employed, and every material meets or exceeds stringent quality standards. A quintessential example is the Rurousha’s eye-catching Damascus steel tanto blade, which teems with potency and visual splendor – a spectacular wonder in its own right, with its contrasting lines, waves, swirls and other mesmerizing patterns. Each line is a distinct variety of steel, hammer welded and folded repeatedly to yield the thousands of layers in each Rurousha blade. The unique metalsmithing technique’s roots stretch back to the Middle Ages, and today it’s still painstakingly performed by seasoned hands, unsullied by soulless automation and disconnected mechanization.
- Bound in rustic genuine leather, unbound by convention – distinctive katana bucks trends, boasts a style all its own
- Full tang 30″ Damascus steel blade accented with twin fullers, engraved kanji; expertly hand forged by seasoned swordsmiths using proven, centuries-old techniques
- Blade boasts thousands of distinct layers of high carbon steel – a sea of contrasting lines, waves, ripples, swirls and other spellbinding patterning
- Tsuka wrapped in genuine leather thongs for unique visual appeal, comfortable no-slip grip; flawlessly cast tsuba with clean, contemporary design
- Hand lacquered wooden saya protects blade; handsome mottled color scheme, genuine leather wrapping
- Overall length: 41 1/4″ – the quintessential full-sized Japanese samurai sword; powerful yet easy to wield